I want to ask about the use of daily products such as cream, cosmetics and perfume which contain alcohol denat. Is it permissible to use or not? And if I offer namaz using it, they will be accepted or not? I come to know via Wikipedia that alcohol denat is not used for drinking. So can we use the products which contain it?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Darulifta-Deoband.org

(Fatwa: 881/1182/N=9/1434)

If the alcohol used in creams, cosmetics and perfume is made of things other than dates and grapes like potato, rice, wheat, millet, maize, coal or petrol then according to Imam Abu Yusuf and Imam Muhammad these products are not impure, it may be used. The salah offered after applying it will be valid, there is no need to reoffer them, but it is better if it is avoided during salah. It is mentioned in Bahishti Zewar 9:102: “If the spirit is not made of grapes, raisin, date, then it may be used as there are differences of opinions, otherwise it is unlawful as it is unanimously unlawful. For details you may also see: Takmila Fath al-Mulhim 3:608, Ahsanul Fatawa 2:95, Fatawa Nizamiah 1:438.

Facebooktwitterpinteresttumblrmail