I am 18 years old and currently doing Hifz and studying more with an alim.my problem is tht i have a dirty habit of porn and masturbation.i do taubah but break it in some days.i watch porn on phone nt pc.i am also into tabligh but still this habit doesnt leave me.i also keep nafl roza but it didnt work for long.i believe if i die in this state.i will die on kufr.please help me.
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.
It is commendable to note that you have the concern on stopping this unfortunate habit. This is the first step towards reformation from such a sin. May Allah Ta’ala make it easy for you to free yourself from this habit.
Pornography and masturbation are evil and despicable sins which ruin the life of an individual. One is deprived of the sweetness of imaan. His heart and soul becomes dull and develops an aversion towards ibaadah and closeness to Allah Ta’ala.
Allah Ta’ala says:
إِنَّ النَّفْسَ لَأَمَّارَةٌ بِالسُّوءِ
Translation: Verily the nafs incites towards evil. (12:53)
The example of the nafs is like a small child; it always demands to get what it wants. The parents of the child know what is beneficial for the child and what is not. They do not accede to everything the child wants even if the child screams or cries. Rather, they take measures to discipline the child. They refine him into a respectable person having good qualities. Similarly, we need to refine our nafs and not allow it everything it wants.
You are 18 years old and in the prime of your life. These years are the ones that one should value and spend correctly because they generally define how one will spend the rest of his life. If one is able to control his desires and not give in to his passions, he will attain the sweetness of iman and attain a high ranking in the hereafter.
Rasulullah (sallAllahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) is reported to have said: “There are seven people to whom Allah Ta’ala will grant shade on the day that there is no shade besides his shade: A just ruler, a youth brought up in the worship of Allah…” 
Keep in mind that even if no human eye is watching us, the ever watchful Allah Ta’ala knows the innermost regions of our heart. One should have the fear that on the Day of Judgement, no actions shall go unaccounted for and that even one’s own eyes will bear witness against him on the Day of Judegment.
The negative consequences of pornography are too many to mention. In brief, it robs one of true human values and spirituality. The real life and essence of imaan is lost. If a person is sincere in making tawbah from this evil act, he can be rehabilitated according to his level of sincerity.
Hereunder are a few prescriptions which may help you overcome your problem:
- Stay away from all such avenues that spurs ones carnal desires, such as immoral friends, malls, beaches etc.
- Protect yourself from the evil glances upon non-mahram women.
- You should not access the internet unless there is a genuine need for it. One cannot place butter into a hot pan and expect it not to melt, likewise you cannot touch an electrical wire and expect not to get shocked. Similarly, if you access immoral websites, you are bound to fall into sins.
- Try to keep your computer or any other such devices in a place where everyone can see what you are doing. Switch off the devices when you have the urge to commit sins.
- Do not to remain alone or idle. An idle mind is a devils workshop.
- Frequent the masajid and the company of pious people. Identify a spiritual guide and benefit from his spirituality. Increase yourself in spending time in tableegh jamat.
- A practical thing one can do to stop this habit and any other bad habit is that one may make a promise to Allah Ta’ala that he will not commit the sin, and for each time he commits the sin, he will give a certain amount of money in charity or to the local masjid. However, the amount should be realistic and reasonable.
- Lastly, continuously make Dua to Allah Ta’ala to help you abstain from such sins. Make as much as tawbah as possible. If your tawbah is sincere, Allah Ta’ala will grant you the ability to refrain from sins. Always keep trying. Never give way to the subtle whisperings of shaytaan. At first, refraining from sins might be extremely difficult but after constant struggle and punishing of the nafs, the nafs will finally become tamed and you will feel pleasure in refraining from sins. Allah Ta’ala will indeed help the person who strives to become closer to Him.
InshAllah, by practicing the above mentioned prescriptions, one will be able to stop from such habits.
And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best
Fahad Abdul Wahab
Student Darul Iftaa
Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai
 حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ بَشَّارٍ بُنْدَارٌ، قَالَ: حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، عَنْ عُبَيْدِ اللَّهِ، قَالَ: حَدَّثَنِي خُبَيْبُ بْنُ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ، عَنْ حَفْصِ بْنِ عَاصِمٍ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ: ” سَبْعَةٌ يُظِلُّهُمُ اللَّهُ فِي ظِلِّهِ، يَوْمَ لاَ ظِلَّ إِلَّا ظِلُّهُ: الإِمَامُ العَادِلُ، وَشَابٌّ نَشَأَ فِي عِبَادَةِ رَبِّهِ، وَرَجُلٌ قَلْبُهُ مُعَلَّقٌ فِي المَسَاجِدِ، وَرَجُلاَنِ تَحَابَّا فِي اللَّهِ اجْتَمَعَا عَلَيْهِ وَتَفَرَّقَا عَلَيْهِ، وَرَجُلٌ طَلَبَتْهُ امْرَأَةٌ ذَاتُ مَنْصِبٍ وَجَمَالٍ، فَقَالَ: إِنِّي أَخَافُ اللَّهَ، وَرَجُلٌ تَصَدَّقَ، أَخْفَى حَتَّى لاَ تَعْلَمَ شِمَالُهُ مَا تُنْفِقُ يَمِينُهُ، وَرَجُلٌ ذَكَرَ اللَّهَ خَالِيًا فَفَاضَتْ عَيْنَاهُ
[بخاري رقم الحديث ٦٦٠ دار البشائر الاسلامية]