Please clarify the status of Mufti Taqi Saheb’s endorsement of “Amman Message” especially regarding the a person who ….

Please clarify the status of Mufti Taqi Saheb’s endorsement of “Amman Message” especially regarding the a person who associates himself to be “Jafari, Zaydi, Ibadi, and Tahiri”. According to this Amman message, all these are muslims and declaring such a person an apostate is imposible and impermissible. Thereafter the website also shows his signature of endorsement on the website.

Answer

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatoh

The question was posed to Mufti Muhammad Taqi Uthmani Saheb himself. His reply is as under:

Muhtaram,

Assalamu alaikum,

Thank you for your email.  I am not a signatory of the Amman message sent by you(1).  Instead, Prince Ghazi had sent to me a question that I answered in detail.  The text of my answer was then published by them in a book which has my Fatwa as separate from Amman Message.  Later I found that my fatwa is also available on the same site under the heading of “Fatwa of Ulama” .

Wassalam

Muhammad Taqi Usmani

Computer Dept., Madrassah In’aamiyyah

(1) We had send a copy of  The Three Points of The Amman Message V.1”

Source

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestmail