1. Is it permissible to get massage therapy if the person who is doing the massage has the same sex as me. Though the person touches and rubs my shoulders and back with his hands and uses some kind of oil in that process. Is this kind of massage permissible for men or women or both. 2. Is it permissible to lie down straight while sleeping. Somebody told me its not. 3. Is it permissible to share food/drinks with non-mehrams. Some people dont do that. That is if I have used a bottle for drinking water, No gher mehram can consume the remaining water in the bottle. 4. According to Hanafi school of thought do we have to pray the 4 raka zuhr prayer after we have prayed the 2 rakat juma prayer.Kindly tell me how much rakat we pray on juma.I think it should be 4 sunnat,2 juma rakat,4 farz for zuhr and 2 sunat again.is this correct.what if i skip everything except 2 rakat juma.will my zuhr prayer be valid or i definately need to pray the 4 farz of zuhr as well. 5. I have a 10 yr old baby girl.we didnt shave her head so far.Is it ok if we do it when she is about a month old.are there any specific days to do this as is the case for the aqiqa,that is 7th,14th,21st and so on. 6. Whats the meanings of Minahil.Is it appropraite to keep this name. 7. is it permissible to finance or lease a car in north america.finance has direct interest involved whereas for lease we just pay monthly rent for the car but there is some interest involved at the car dealer’s end.
1. Direct massage therapy by skin contact done by a person of the same
gender is permissible only within areas which are not restricted and not
regarded as private. In the case of a male, the area between the navel and
knee is private. It is permissible for a male to massage a male by applying
oil on his shoulders and back in line with the navel area.
2. It is permissible to lie down on one’s back and sleep.
3. It is undesirable for Ghayr Mahram males and females to share drinks from
4. Dhuhr Salaat is 4 Rakaats Sunnat-e-Muakkadah, 4 Rakaats Fardh, 2 Rakaats
Sunnat-e-Muakkadah and 2 Rakaats Nafl. Jumu’ah is 4 Rakaats
Sunnat-e-Muakkadah before Jumu’ah, 2 Rakaats Fardh, 2 Rakaats
Sunnat-e-Muakkadah after Jumu’ah, 4 Rakaats Sunnat-e-Ghar Muakkadah after
5. The hair may be removed on the 14, 21, 28 (within seven days)
7. Kindly explain to us the exact procedure of leasing cars in North
And Allah Ta’ala Knows Best
Mufti Ebrahim Desai