Contact with Non Muslim Sister
Q: My sister left the fold of Islam 17 years ago. I never had contact with her up to 6 months ago hoping to get her to come back to Islam. Is it wrong to be in contact with her? I miss her so much.
A: Keep contact with her, treat her with kindness and compassion with the intention of bringing her back to Islam. Do not force, rather advise and encourage.
May Allah Ta’aala grant you success, Aameen.
Moulana Yusuf Laher
Read these QA to learn more..
- Assalamu Alaikkum Mufti Sahib, My sister is a pious Muslim girl and got married a year ago in a Muslim family. After the marriage, we come to know that his husband is not at all praying any prayer (including Jumma & Eid prayer) and not obeying any of the Islamic duties. She asked about this to her husband and he is telling that, there is no god like Allah and he is not accepting our prophet Mohamed. Also he showed his legs towards sky and telling that I have insulted your allah. Now we kindly request your fatwa for the following, 1) Whether still he is a Muslim or not? 2) Whether the Nikah with my sister is valid or not? 3) Now what are steps we need to take? All of our family members are in a very worrying situation and awaiting your guidelines for proceed further in this matter. Allah Kafiz.
- we r facing very tuff life,conflict beteen my parent due to a women, my mother opnion about my father ,built a relation with other women without nikh,he continue with her contact, my mother try 2 stop that contact but he forbid at front of us,but reality is many time ph call trace, now my mother became cancar patient, my mother live with us but my mother not talk with my father,u can say isolation at home, my father is vary agressive behavier, he is very irresponsible , at minor issue he create a big problem, kindly tell how i resolve that matter, v r 5 sister & hihgly depressive due 2 thart act,
- This Muslim brother converted to Islam 5 years ago. He wants to see, talk to and see hair of a muslim sister before Nikah. The Muslim sister is strict in her Purdah and says she will not come in front of him before Nikah. He says he will not get married unless he gets to meet and talk to her and see her hair because it is allowed in Islam. Mufti Sahb can you tell me what is allowed in Islam before Nikah.
- My Fiancé Does Not Like Me Keeping in Contact With My Non-Muslim Male Cousin. What Should I Do?
- Is it permissible to keep telephone contact with a Muslim girl that I am engaged to?
- As Salaam Alikum, from last 5 years my whole family is suffirng from problems, 5 years before my younger sister got married from then till now her husband tortures her for dowry or silly things also, fours back we lost my younger brother he commited sucide, the reason for his sucide still unknown to us,and this feburary my elder sister got accidentally burn in bathroom and died after 20 days, she has 2 children now staying with us only, my elder sister was a teacher and the amount she get from government and insurence will all go to her husband only, but we feel that her husband will use this money on his own, my question is we are suffering from problems and there is no peace in our life some of my friends & relatives say to contact some Hazrath and do some bundish to home and other type of bundishes that your work will get fullfll, Are we muslims authorize to do bundishes like this, like my younger sister should live happy life without torture and my elder sister’s money should come to her children only for their future.or our business will improve after bundish. Please answer me it will help me in future.