Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Seekersguidance.org » Must I Make Wudu after Ghusl?

Must I Make Wudu after Ghusl?

Ustadh Tabraze Azam is asked if it is necessary to perform ablution (wudu) immediately after one has had a ritual bath (ghusl).

Question:

Assalam alaykum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatuh.

Is it necessary to make wudu after taking a bath, even if I am naked in the bathroom?

Answer:

Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmat Allah wa barakatuh.

No, if you perform a ritual bath (ghusl), you have entered the state of ritual purity and thus no longer need a separate ablution (wudu) in order to pray.

You shouldn’t remain completely undressed unnecessarily, but if you did for some reason, it wouldn’t affect your ritual purity because no filth exited from your body.

Please also see: https://seekersguidance.org/answers/hanafi-fiqh/the-ritual-bath-ghusl-obligatory-recommended-and-disliked-acts/

And Allah Most High knows best.

Wassalam,

Tabraze Azam

Checked and approved by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani.

gs committed against others and whether repentance alone suffices

This answer was collected from Seekersguidance.org. It’s an online learning platform overseen by Sheikh Faraz Rabbani. All courses are free. They also have in-person classes in Canada.

I dreamed that my family had a house in a cul de sac in a beautiful, well established suburb. Within this cul de sac our house was situated right in the middle. With a beautiful lush lawn in the front. Although all the other  houses had high walls, ours didn’t. If the front door was open, you could see into the kitchen. Very beautiful.  As my husband and I took the corner to come home, the door was standing open. There standing in my kitchen was a boy (in waking life this boy tried to persue my daughter). He was alone in the house. As he saw us coming, he got a fright. He tried hiding behind the fridge, by taking a step back. He was wearing sunglasses that had a mirror reflection and that was what attracted my eyes. And though he was hiding he still looked if I could see him.  Then as we walked, my daughters, my husband and I. I realised my daughter isn’t with. I looked for her to tell her that this boy is in our house (its a joke to us how he tries to persue her). As I turned around, she called my name and came cycling past from behind with a red bicycle waving at me.  As we got to the house, my husband and I went through the garage and it was untidy with mechanic tools and a yellow bucket smeared with grease.  In the dream, I felt embarrased because I knew that there was this boy in my house (who in waking life has never been in my house) and in the dream, I knew he must have came to my house to investigate what our house is like. I have no idea what this dream means…