Complexion of Umar (Radiyallahu Anhu)
Q: What was the complexion of Umar (Radiyallahu Anhu)? Someone very recently told me that he was “black”. Is this true?
A: This is not true.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- Q: People take bayat/pledge to a Shaykh and there is a system of Tasbih 6, 12 and on and on but there is Hadith in Tabarani that Amar ibn Salama (Radiyallahu Anhu) said that we were at the home of Abdullah ibn Masud in between Magrib and Esha and in the mean time Abu Musa (Radiyallahu Anhu) came and said I saw a matter that terrified me, some people have came into the Masjid one of them said recite subhanallah alhamdulillah. Then Abdullah (Radiyallahu Anhu) came to the Masjid and said to them you have deviated. In another Hadith in Abunuayim that Abdullah ibn Jubair (Radiyallahu Anhu) has reported by his son that some people came in Masjid and in the time of dikr they fell to the ground then he said to his son do not meet with them.From this I understand that this type of tasbih was not there in the time of sahaba (Radiyallahu Anhum). So what is the truth?
- How can I be like Umar Radhiallahu Anhu?
- Q: It is reported that Abu Hurairah (Radiyallahu Anhu) led the prayers of janazah of Ayshah and Umme Salamah (Radiyallahu Anha) in the cemetery of Baqi and Ibn Umar (Radiyallahu Anhu) was also in the jama’ah. The Messenger of Allah said : “Take advantage of five things before the arrival of other five: Your youth before old age, your health before disease, your wealth before poverty, your life before death and your leisure before being too busy. There are three things that accompany a mayyit until his grave, his family, his wealth and his actions. Among these three things, two return, his family and his wealth. Only his actions accompany it. (Saheeh Boukhari) Fatimah, the daughter of the Messenger of Allah at the time of his death, turned to the Ka’bah and placed his right hand under his head. (Musnad Ahmad) The waqia of Abou Talha and Umme Soulaim about the death of their son is mentioned in brief in Saheeh Boukhari. Anywhere else can it be found in details?
- In a room, I am sitting with my religious tablighi cousin sister. I just get up, opened the door outside, it’s very dark outside and I shout “Umar bin Farooq! Umar bin Farooq!” to meet Umar (Radhiallahu Anhu). I go back and sit down and suddenly I hear his footsteps from outside and I feel very excited as he is coming to meet us.
- Hazrat Ali (Radiyallahu Anhu)
- What is the ruling on moustache in Islam? Should the moustache be completely removed or rather only shortened? One alim in our area has long moustache in the two corners in upper lip and he said he is following the Sunnah of Umar bin Khattab (Radhi Allahu Anhu) who used to pull his moustaches hair near the lips when he was in deep thought of something and from this it is established that Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu) had hair on both sides of the lips.