Imaam facing the Muqtadis after Fajr and Asr Salaah
Q: After fajr and asar Salah, the Imaam saheb sits facing the muqtadi. Why?
A: This is the sunnat way.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
عن سمرة بن جندب قال كان النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم إذا صلى صلاة أقبل علينا بوجهه … (صحبح البخاري # 1386)
Read these QA to learn more..
- Is it permissible to perform the Sunnats of fajr after the fajr Salaah?
- I would like to know what is the minimum number of muqtadis necessary for a Jamaat (apart from Jumaa which requires 3 muqtadis apart from the Imam)? Kindly answer in light of Hanafi school of thought.
- In our area, the Imam starts to make dua with such a voice that muqtadi could know that Imam has started to making dua and all the muqtadis start making dua after listening to the voice of Imam (e.g. if he starts dua with alhamdulillahi rabbil a’alameen, he says alhamdulillahi…… with voice and then make entire dua silently). He ends the dua with voice so that muqtadis could know, and muqtadis also end their dua after listening to his voice. No one starts making dua before and none completes dua before the Imam. What is the shar’ee status of this all described above? Should the muqtadi not start making dua before the Imam? Should the Imam inform the muqtadees about his dua by starting it with voice or he should starts his dua silently? If one has finished his dua before Imam, should he wait until the Imam finishes or one should he stand up to offer the sunnats (if there are sunnats after that fardh salaah)? Please clarify the questions and the Shar’ee status of the custom of dua described above.
- If the Imaam breaks his wudhu during leading prayer, I know he can appoint another to be imaam, but is it also aloud that the jamaat does continue each individually their salaah ? Also, if the imaam is just leading 1 person, what is the situation then?
- Question: Q1-Regarding answer number 1 you state that if the Imams Salaat is Makrooh the Muqtadis Salaat will not be Makrooh, does that also mean that if Imams Salaat break the Muqtadis Salaat will not break? Q2-I heard that if Imams Salaat is Makrooh then the Muqtadis Salaat will also be Makrooh is this true?
- Sometimes the ja namaz is short and when we perform sajdah half of our forehead is on the ja namaz not the whole of it. Does it affect salah? And what if a thick soft cloth is stitched there for front facing indication? I was praying qaza of Fajr and during the prayer satan whispered into me that it is 4 sunnah of Zuhr, I tried to neglect it then I again got a whisper that it is 4 fardh of Zuhr. It was all too fast and that unknowingly I thought yeah it must be the latter one for a second then I thought (for real) and remembered that it is 2 fardh qaza of Fajr. During the 2 waswasah I was not able to think properly and just like it popped into my head and for a second I thought it must be 4 fardh of Zuhr but I was not actually thinking. It is very difficult to explain. I am worried now whether my salah was nullified due to this. I am facing a huge problem of waswasah and they are accelerated due to a urine and gas problem please pray for me and my health.