Talaaq situation

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: My husband gave me a talaaq a few years ago. He sent me to live in Pakistan and gave me a conditional talaaq notice of 2 remaining talaaqs via email that if I come back to UK to him they will become valid. Is there any way I can go back to UK but still the talaaqs will not be valid or if they become valid if I go back to UK without his permission, do I need to do something about it while I stay back in Pakistan? Please help in the light of your knowledge.


A: Wait for your iddat period to terminate, thereafter you can return to UK (in the state that you are not married) and thereafter perform a new nikaah with a separate mahr if your ex-husband wishes to reconcile.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

ثم إن وجد الشرط في ملكه انحلت اليمين ووقع الطلاق لأنه وجد الشرط والمحل قابل للجزاء فينزل الجزاء ولا تبقى اليمين لما قلنا وإن وجد في غير الملك انحلت اليمين لوجود الشرط ولم يقع شيء لانعدام المحلية (هداية 2/386)

Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!