My Muslim relative is doing shirk

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I have a relative, who born as a muslim. But he is doing shirk. Every friday & in the month of ramdhan he goes to mosque. But at the same time he also vist temples & worships the idols. He is a good person with good character. I don’t want him to do shirk. I want to give him dawah about Islam. So, please help me in this regard? Please let me know if there is any supplication, wazaif, dua to be read, with the barkat of which ALLAH will change him & make him a true MUSLIM. I hate his SHIRK activities. Please help me Mufti Saheb. Tell us what could we do in order to make him a good muslim?


A: Explain to your friend that the only religion worthy of acceptance in the sight of Allah Ta’ala is the religion of Islam. If he belives in Allah and subscribes to the Deen of Islam, then Islam severly condems such actions. Bowing before idols and attending religious functions at the temple causes one to come out of the pale of Islam. Tell your friend that if he is looking for eternal success then Allah Ta’ala has placed it in his obedience and submission. He should repeat the kalimah and sincerely repent to Allah Ta’ala for the sin he has committed and make a firm resolve that he will not repeat it in the future. You should also encourage him to attend the programmes of the pious servants of Allah Ta’ala and benefit from their teachings and guidance.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest