1. Are the wrists and ankles part of a woman’s awrah in front of non mahram men.
2. When a woman covers herself when leaving her home, is it forbidden for her to cover herself with colours which are bright? If it is forbidden then which colours will be regarded as bright?
3. Due to widespread sinning nowadays will it be prohibited for a woman to travel any distance without a mahram?
4. Is it permissible for a woman to cover her own hair in front of non mahram men by wearing a wig? If not then why?
5. When a woman covers her face in front of non mahram men, is it compulsory for her to cover her eyes by wearing a mesh fabric over her eyes or can she show both eyes or only one eye?
2. Women are not allowed to leave the home with outer garments that are attractive and appealing.
3. Where there is fear then obviously precaution must be exercised.
4. A wig cannot be a substitute for an abaya or jilbaab or proper head cover.
5. Precaution requires that the eyes be covered as well.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)
This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.