Procedure for a female taking bay’at

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I want to change my life and attain closeness to Allah and true love for Him. However my parents don’t want me to take bay’at. They think I’ll become “too pious”. So can I take bay’at without my parents permission? I won’t be corresponding with the Sheikh directly but rather with his wife. And I know that the Sheikh is a Sheikh-e-Kaamil.


A: The correct procedure for you is that you should get your husband to pass on the correspondence to the Sheikh and thereafter receive the reply from him. Your husband should also go through every correspondence between you and the Sheikh.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics: