Sincerely repenting for one’s past

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: A muslim unmarried girl has affairs with multiple hindu boys for several years secretly and her family is not aware. Now her family is getting her married to a muslim boy. She says that she has realized now that she did wrong and would like to do Tawbah. Can she repent now? Will her repentance be accepted? And now how can she repent?


A: She should sincerely repent to Allah Ta’ala for her past sins and make a firm resolve that she will never repeat it in the future. She should not disclose her past to her husband or to anybody else.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest