What type of hajj should one perform for one’s late father

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za
Prev Question
Next Question

Q: I intend to perform haj-e-badal for my late father from India. Can I perform Haj-e-Tamattu? Which form of Haj is required to be performed in this case? Please provide details of instructions in this matter.


A: If you wish to perform the Hajj with your own wealth, you may perform any type of Hajj you wish (Ifraad, Tamattu or Qiraan) and thereafter convey the reward to your deceased father. The laws of Hajj-e-badal apply to the case where the deceased had made a bequest that Hajj-e-badal be performed on his behalf from one third of his estate.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.