Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za » Problems with step-mother

Problems with step-mother

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za

Q: My parents were separated when I was two  and divorced when I was 10. Now I live with my father and his 2nd wife. Relationship between her and me is not stable since her entry in the house. She always says something objectionable about me to father and father doesn’t investigates. She ruined my character in front of him and my neighbours. Every time hates me. Does anything to distract me from studies, and I am preparing for medical. But she always disturbs me. What shall I do? I complain to father. She puts the blame on me. Anyhow..! What is the solution..? I am not able to tolerate these things anymore.


A: Just avoid her with patience.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: