Making zikr

Q: My mother practices many zikars x-number of times as she’s been told by her late-brother that this brings much success. He was involved in Tableegh for MANY decades. I am trying to persuade my mother to abandon all this, and to solely act upon the authentic Sunnah. A close friend who is closely involved in Tabligh said to me that for me to abandon such practices is a sign of nifaqh, and as good as the Sunnah as it has supporting evidence from the Sunnah, that I am ignorant of. My questions: Is he correct? It’s a sign of nifaqh? Is it sinful for my mother to abandon all such practices, and solely rely on the Sunnah.

A: If she is doing the zikr and there is no wrong wording in the zikr and she is managing it correctly then there is no need to stop her.