Husband telling the wife “meri taraf say farigh ho”

Q: My husband said to me many times tu meri taraf say farigh ho. Am I divorced?

A: If there is a practice in vogue in the place that you live in where these words are taken for a clear divorce then your wife will be divorced a revocable talaaq. If there is no practice in vogue in the place where you live, then the husband should be asked regarding the intention he had at the time he said ‘farigh’. If he intended talaaq, then one irrevocable divorce will take place and if he did not intend divorce, then no divorce will take place.