Q: According to the Western ‘enlightened’ medical doctors, female circumcision is regarded as a savage, cultural practice which has absolutely no benefits but causes much harm to the woman. They intend to ‘eradicate’ female circumcision “within a generation”. They have such a dislike for it hence they have termed it as “female genital mutilation – (FGM)”. According to the kuffaar it only mutilates a female’s private part. I have included a report by the World Health Organisation (WHO) – run by non Muslims.
1. At what age should a woman be circumcised?
2. Are any benefits of circumcision mentioned in the Hadith?
3. In the report I have sent, under the heading of Procedures, four types of female circumcision is mentioned. Which type is the Sunnah circumcision for women?
4. Are there any Hadith on the topic of female circumcision?
5. In SA, where can a woman be circumcised?
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Zakaria Makada
Checked & Approved:
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)