Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za » Going back to Hinduism

Going back to Hinduism

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za

Q: I would like to ask that I have one friend and he was Hindu. After that he accept Islam and due to heavy pressure of his mother and his family he moved again to Hindu religion. What shall you advise here. Also he really liked Islam and he wants to be a Muslim but his mother told him if you’ll accept Islam, I’ll do suicide. So he was forced to move again to Hindu religion.


A: Politely encourage him and make du`aa for him.

Tell him to practise his Islam secretly without his mother knowing.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: