The chain for the incident of ‘Alqamah

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by HadithAnswers.com

In your answer regarding the incident of the Sahabi (‘alqamah) who couldn’t recite the shahadah at the time of death, you provided two references; Tabarani & Tambihul Ghafilin.

I cannot seem to locate the narration in Tabrani. Could you please provide me with the exact reference and page number?

Also the narration in Tambihul Ghafilin does not contain the whole sanad. Where can I find the whole sanad of this narration?

Answer

1. This Hadith is reported by the Sahabi Sayyiduna ‘Abdullah ibn Abi Awfa (radiyallahu’anhu). The current copies of Tabarani are incomplete and are unfortunately void of this Sahabi’s Hadiths.

You might wonder how I labelled the chain as extremely weak without seeing the full chain?

This was based on what ‘Allamah Haythami (rahimahullah) said in Majma’uz Zawaid, vol.8 pg.148. (Also see Targhib, vol.3 pg.332)

From his words it is understood that Tabarani’s chain had a narrator who is deemed extremely unreliable.

You may view this chain in Musnad Ahmad though, vol.4 pg.382. Apparently, it is the same chain that is in Tabarani.

As far as the chain in Tambihul Ghafilin goes, although the author hasn’t mentioned the entire chain, the part that he has cited consists of another very unreliable narrator which renders that chain as very weak too, irrespective of the omitted part of the chain.

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best,

Answered by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar

Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar

This answer was collected from HadithAnswers.com. The answers were either answered or checked by Moulana Haroon Abasoomar (rahimahullah) who was a Shaykhul Hadith in South Africa, or by his son, Moulana Muhammad Abasoomer (hafizahullah), who is a Hadith specialist. 

Find more answers indexed from: HadithAnswers.com