Salam alaikum mufti sahab my question is that if i miss 1 or 2 or 3 rakat namaz while jamat is going on,do i have to read some surah after surah fatiha or i have to read only surah fatiha in the rakats which i have missed?please explain me the right way of performing missed rakats when i miss rakats in jamat?

salam alaikum mufti sahab my question is that if i miss 1 or 2 or 3 rakat namaz while jamat is going on,do i have to read some surah after surah fatiha or i have to read only surah fatiha in the rakats which i have missed?please explain me the right way of performing missed rakats when i miss rakats in jamat?

Answer

(Fatwa: 1780/1306/H=1431)

When you will complete your missed rakat after imam turned for salam, you will act like individual i.e. you will have to recite surah after surah fatiha in the first and second rakat, while in third rakat you will only recite surah fatiha.