My daughter’s husband is posted outside and therefore remains away from home for months together. Therefore only his father- in-law, mother-in-law and a handicapped unmarried father-in-law’s brother are at home. During the period of her husband’s absence my daughter used to stay with us, but now her in-laws do not allow her to. Kindly let me know whether it is permissible for her to stay with her husband’s family during the period her husband is away.

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 854/948/L=08/1437)

If there is practice of purdah in the home of her husband as well as there is no other fear in living there then the wife may live in the house of her husband in his absence as well.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband