I’ve few questions to ask.
1. It relates to Salat ‘Qasr’. Can you plz tell me the milage restrictions after which Qasr Salat can be offered bcoz there are so many views on it??? and i work in Islamabad (Pakistan) but my home is very much far away from here, i go home once in a month for maximum a week or sometimes more, should i say Qasr prayers there at home or full prayers??? and one of my colleagues lives nearby but his house is around 60 or so kms away from office but he comes daily from home, will he say Qasr namaz while his stay in office??? plz answer with references.
2. My 2nd question is, usually it is seen and observed tht news papers and callenders carry Ayats and other Islamic stuff but these things are not properly handeled, can u plz shed light on it, what should we do if we have such things bcoz we can’t recycle them????
3. My 3rd and last question is, we often get Islamic emails from different persons tht if u forward this email to another 20 or 30 persons u’ll get reward and if u donot do this then u’ll get harm in coming days, what should we do in this case??? i understand that we should spread good things as much as possible but plz shed light on this particular issue. Jazak-Allah khair.
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatoh
1) The Jamiatul Mufteen of
Regarding the amount of rak’ats you should pray when you go home, firstly it is necessary for one to understand two terminologies.
- Watanul Asly. This refers to a person’s permanent residence.
- Watanul Iqama. If a person intends to stay for 15 days or more in one place then this place would be called Watanul Iqama.
It appears from your question that
( قوله حتى يدخل مصره أو ينوي الإقامة نصف شهر في بلد أو قرية ) متعلق بقوله قصر أي قصر إلى غاية دخول المصر (البحر الرائق 2/131 رشيدية)
والوطن الأصلي هو وطن الإنسان في بلدته أو بلدة أخرى اتخذها دارا وتوطن بها مع أهله وولده ، وليس من قصده الارتحال عنها بل التعيش بها وهذا الوطن يبطل بمثله لا غير ،
وأما وطن الإقامة فهو الوطن الذي يقصد المسافر الإقامة فيه ، وهو صالح لها نصف شهر ،
(البحر الرائق 2/136 رشيدية)
2) Old copies of the Holy Quraan or books containing the name of Allah Ta’ala could be disposed off by placing them in a clean sheet of cloth and burry them in such a place where people do not walk or it be disposed of in a dam or river. If this is not possible then as a last resort it could be burnt and the ashes should be buried.
المصحف إذا صار بحال لا يقرأ فيه يدفن كالمسلم (حاشية ابن عاندين 1/177 سعيد)
الفتاوى المحمودية 3/542 فاروقية
الفتاوى الرحيمية 3/12 دار الاشاعة
3) E-mails stating reward for passing it on to certain number of people or harms for not doing so has no bases in sharia and therefore should be ignored.
And Allah knows best
Ml. Ishaq E. Moosa,
Student Darul Iftaa
Checked and Approved by:
Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In’aamiyyah