Does a traveller have to pray Jumu’ah? Is there any Shari’ah compliant car insurance (Amanah Insurance)? Is there any Shari’ah compliant provident/pension fund?

Salaams,

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

I have 3 questions.

1) InshaAllah my family and I will be going away for a 3 day holiday in December (approxmiately 300km away from home).  We return on a Friday (in order to read Jummuah, either en route home or at a mosque in the area where I reside).  However we are considering extending our holiday by an extra day (this means that I will need to perform Jummuah on the Friday).  There does not seem to be any mosques in the area where we will InshaAllah be.  Can I read Zuhr instead on the Friday OR should I return home on the Friday to InshaAllah read Jummuah on the way home in one of the mosques.

2) I intend to switch my car insurance to a shariah compliant one.  Do you have any recommendations? Is ammanah insrurance (with Zurich) halaal?  Their link is http://www.ammanah.co.za/ammanah-ifs-starts-with-its-new-takaful-partner-zurich-insurance/

3) I also InshaAllah intend to switch my pension/provident fund to a halaal one.  Do you have any recommendations?

JazakaAllah Khair.

Answer

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

We take note of the multiple queries in your question. Hereunder are the answers:

1. Since you are a Shar’i Musafir (a traveler according to Shari’ah), you are not obliged to perform Jumu’ah. Thus, you do not have to return early to perform Jumu’ah and you may perform Zuhr instead.[1]

1. We are unable to recommend any car insurance company as the Darul Iftaa has not certified any car insurance company as Shari’ah compliant.[2]

We cannot comment on the Shari’ah compliancy of Ammanah Insurance as of yet.[3] You may send all related documents to [email protected] in order for us to issue a ruling on its Shari’ah compliancy.

1. We are unable to recommend any pension/provident fund as the Darul Iftaa has not certified any pension/provident fund as Shari’ah compliant.[4] We are in the process of certifying a Shari’ah compliant pension fund. We will make a public announcement on that.

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Abdullah ibn Mohammed Aijaz

Student Darul Iftaa
Baltimore, USA 

Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.