Various Questions on Hajj
1) In the state of ihram, can a muhrim cut his hair or his friend’s hair so they both can come out of ihram? I have read the book aap ke masaail our unka hal on page 158 volume 4 under the chapter halaq that you can. Please could you clarify this. What is the hanafi perspective?
2) will I have to pay penalty if I made intention of going madina, although my flight would land in jeddah. the reason of making such intention is to avoid paying penalty, because after making ihraam sometimes we get sent back home and not allowed to perform hajj. or is there any alternative?
3) What is the ruling of salah outside haram. If the rows are 2 saff lengths then would salah be valid?
4) Would I have to pay penalty when I Kiss hajre aswad in the state of ihraam? Because usually there is perfume on the black stone
5) Can you please clarify if there would be penalty if hair falls off whilst wudu or pulling out on purpose? People say that you have to pay sadaqah, if this is true how much do you have to pay?
6) What must a person do if paid money to Saudi bank to do Qurbani. Because I heard that they take few days to complete peoples Qurbani. If this is true then would you have to wait to perform tawaf-e-ziyare
7) If before tawaf-e-ziyarah and after halaq, wife and husband had a relation would there be penalty
In the name of Allah, the most Beneficent, the most Merciful.
As long as one has finished his Umrah or Hajj he will be allowed to do someone else’s Halaq before his own. (Gunyatul Manasik p.93)
If you made an intention to visit Madinah Munawarah first then go to Makkah afterwards then by landing in Jeddah (which is within the Meeqat) there is no Damm or penalty. This is because one has not made the intention to visit Makkah first; hence, there is no need to adorn the Ihraam. (Bahrur Raaiq p.341 v.2 & Raddul Muhtar p.482 v.3)
Outside the Haram if there is a gap of two saffs or more from the place you are standing to the saff in front of you then such a Salah would not be valid. (Fatawa Hindiyyah p.87 v.1)
No, as any fragrance will be overpowered by other substances.
If some hair fell whilst making khilal of the beard then a handful of Sadaqah should be given, i.e. less than the amount one gives for Sadqah Fitr. (Kitabul Hajj p.97)
If what you are saying is true, it is still permissible to do the Tawaf Ziyarah. The question should have been whether one will have to delay performing the Halaq or not.
It is Wajib that the Rami of Jamra Uqba, Qurbani and the shaving of the head, should all be performed in the above-mentioned order. If there is any change in this order, Damm will become Wajib. However, the performance of Tawaf Ziyarah after Halaq is desirable. (Mazahirul Haqq p.350 v.3)
After halaq a person is out of Ihraam in terms of wearing sewn clothing and applying perfume etc…However, sexual relations with ones wife still remains unlawful until the performance of the Tawaf Ziyarah. Therefore, if a husband and wife had sexual intercourse after halaq but before Tawaf Ziyarah, the sacrifice of a sheep as a Damm would be obligatory. Their Hajj will still remain valid. (Muallimul Hujjaj p.242)
Only Allah Knows Best
Mohammed Tosir Miah
Darul Ifta Birmingham