Can I Get Rid of My Interest Money by Giving It to My Uncle?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Seekersguidance.org
Prev Question
Next Question

Answered by Ustadh Tabraze Azam

Question: Assalam alaikum,

Is it permissible to give the interest money generated from fixed deposit to one of my uncle who is in need of money?

Answer: Wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I pray that this message finds you well, insha’Allah.

Yes, you can give such monies to your poor uncle as this is a valid avenue for disposing of accumulated, unlawful wealth.

However, you should take the reasonable means to free yourself from the interest bearing account. Ask Allah Most High to facilitate your affairs and seek the counsel of local, Godfearing scholars.

See also: How Do I Get Rid Of Haram Money?

And Allah alone knows best.

Tabraze Azam

Checked & Approved by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

This answer was collected from Seekersguidance.org. It’s an online learning platform overseen by Sheikh Faraz Rabbani. All courses are free. They also have in-person classes in Canada.