Cellphone as mahr
Q: Is it permissible for a girl to ask for a cell phone for mahr?
A: It is permissible.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- If after getting Khula, wife and his relatives refuse to return mahr to the husband, even promised (written by wife’s father) at the time of divorce to return the mahr, what Shariah says about that? And what precautions apply? Kindly tell the status mahr on wife toward her husband on khula (fardh, sunnah, wajib or mustahab) to return mahr?
- I want to do hajj this year 2012 though I am a married person since 3 years; I have a question about mahr, before going to hajj we have to return all debts/loans etc. Is it possible to return mahr in between 2-3 months after performing hajj due to some financial conditions before I cannot pay mahr. Please help me.
- I am married man and want to pay the amount of mahr to my wife but she is not willing to take it and says I will take it later time. This is a huge debt to a man and life has no guarantee, so I want to be free from this grave responsibility. Then my question is, can I give this much of amount as gift to her and not telling her that this is from the mahr amount and she knows only that this is just a gift for her but for me this the mahr that I have paid and become free from great debt. Is it allowed in Islam or not? If not then tell me the right way to pay the mahr.
- Alhamdulillah, it is my pleasure to tell you that I am going to proceed a Sunnah, I am going to get married In-shaAllah, in October, but as I am not having much knowledge about these things which are mentioned below. Please let me know about these things: (1) What does Islam say about haqq-e-mahr? (2) How much haqq-e-mahr we can decide? (3) When we can give the haqq-e-mahr (at time of nikah or should one state in the nikahnama that haqq-e-mahr should be paid if divorce occurs)? (4) What is the way to deal with haqq-e-mahr Islam? Can it be given in installments? (5) What are the regulations which a male has to perform on the wedding day and night? Are there some specifications? As I am in China so mostly all the Islamic websites do not work here, please let me know where I can get all the information regarding nikah provide me with the source also.
- This question is about payment of Mahr. A Muslim lady was divorced about 40 years back. Husband did not pay the Mahr to her. Now the husband wants to pay the Mahr to her. Please answer following question about this: 1. Is it correct for the lady to accept the Mahr amount from a husband who divorced her long back? 2. Is it mandatory for her to accept the Mahr amount? Will she commit any sin if she refuses to take the money and also do not forgive him? 3. Suppose that Mahr Amount was Rs. 1000/-. Ideally, husband should have paid it 40 years back. Suppose that prices have gone up 100 times since then. If the man is offering to pay her Rs. 1000 * 100 = Rs. 100000/-, is it correct for her to accept this much amount?
- I have made nikah n stupulated the mahr amount but i came to UAE insha allah i`ll pay mahr n bring her home after 1 year. i`m heartfully thinking i have full rights on her also she perform everything with my permission. can u pls explain me do i have 100% rights on her before paying the mahr.