I’ve known a man for the past few months. I wanted to get married to him as I find him good for me and my family as well. At first he seemed to be interested in me and everything was going fine. Now he won’t even talk to me unless I talk to him first and he would behave as if he is not interested. All this happened because he thinks I made a mistake by talking about us to my friends. Please help.

Q: I’ve known a man for the past few months. I wanted to get married to him as I find him good for me and my family as well. At first he seemed to be interested in me and everything was going fine. Now he won’t even talk to me unless I talk to him first and he would behave as if he is not interested. All this happened because he thinks I made a mistake by talking about us to my friends. Please help.

A: You should immediately sever all contact with this person and seek forgiveness from Allah Ta’ala for getting involved in this sin. In Islam it is impermissible for a girl to speak or have any contact with a na mahram male. If you wish to get married, then you should consult your parents and elders.