Step father representing the girl in nikaah

Q: I am a Muslim girl who wants to marry a Muslim man. My father passed away a long time ago. My question is can my step father give my hand?


A: If you and your family are happy with the boy, his Deen and his akhlaaq, then you may get married to him. It is permissible for your stepfather to represent you and speak on your behalf.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)