Keeping the name “Muhammad”

Q: I have a question regarding the naming of a child. I have been told that if you name a child Muhammed but call him something else e.g. Ali but because in official documents and birth certificate the child’s name goes as Muhammed Ali this child will still go to Jannah because his name has the name of Muhammed to it. I am in a dispute of mind because the child is not called Muhammed but because official documents and certificates have the name Muhammed the child will enter Jannah. Same for a girls name, if they have the name fatima with the name they are called eg: Noor fatima, but the girl is called Noor the same effect is there. Can you please clarify this for me?

A: You should have hope that a person who has got the most blessed name will do good works and on account of the good works he will eventually get to Jannah.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.