Procedure for issuing talaaq

Q: What is the procedure for a husband to divorce his wife. Can he do it himself, or should he go to an Aalim to reconcile the marriage if the wife don’t want to divorce for the sake of the children.


A: Refer to

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)