Is it a sin to commit any act of makrooh tahreemee. How serious is it. Please give me reference from Arabic books like shami etc. After how long does a makrooh tahreemee become haraam?

Q: 

1. Is it a sin to commit any act of makrooh tahreemee. How serious is it. Please give me reference from Arabic books like shami etc.
  2. After how long does a makrooh tahreemee become haraam?

A: Makrooh-e-Tahrimi is an impermissible act in Deen. It’s status is close to status of a haraam act. If one carries out a makrooh-e-tahrimi act, one will be sinful. The consequence of continuously carrying out a makrooh-e-tahrimi act could be disastrous.