Marrying one’s former wife who later on married a Hindu

Q: My wife and I divorced. She went on to marry a Hindu through a hindu ceremony in India and now wants to come back to me. Is this possible Islamically?


A: If she is honest and truthful and she is really remorseful of what she has done previously and sincerely regrets then she can remarry you.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)