Parents not happy with the girl one has married

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: My parents are angry on me because I did not obey them and married one divorced lady. Actually they agreed initially but after some time my sisters made my mother refuse that girl but I was doing everything normally as I introduced that lady to mother and father by taking them to her home and cleared everything regarding her martial status. But my sisters forced my mother to reject her and I couldn’t say no to my wife’s family and had to get nikaah done in front of their family. I tried at least one year to make my family understand the situation and traveled from U.A.E to Pakistan twice to make my sisters understand. Now my question is that since I am married to that lady, my parents are not talking to me specially my mother but my father has no issue to meet me but he also does not contact me himself. Please advise me a dua as well so that I can get my parents back.


A: Frequently recite  يَا سُبُّوْحُ ، يَا قُدُّوْسُ ، يَا غَفُوْرُ ، يَا وَدُوْدُ.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!