Q: I would like to know the mas’ala on being a mazoor. A woman considers herself a mazoor due to continuos discharge. She will be going for umrah and would like to insert a tampon to make it easier for her so that she does not have to make wudu for every salaah. My question is:
1. When must she insert her tampon so that she does not have to make a new wudu for every salaah?
2. If she inserts a tampon, will she then not be considered a mazoor?
3. After removing the tampon, does she again consider herself as a mazoor?
1. Insert it and then make wudhu.
2. If there was no discharge in the entire duration of a salaah time then she will not be mazoor.
3. If the same previous condition prevails then she will consider herself as mazoor.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)
This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.