Keeping relations with a family member who turned away from Islam

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: My sister in law has converted to the Hindu religion by marrying a Hindu boy. She is living in a Hindu family and following Hindu rituals. I know it is a great sin to leave Islam, but my mother in law and brother in laws are not breaking their relationship with her. Due to this she usually comes home to meet them. In this case what should I do? Is it permissible to keep relations with this type of a person?


A: Keep away from her.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest