Yellow substance after removing one’s tooth

Q: I recently had a wisdom tooth removed and it has been healing slowly. I am excused due to bleeding in my surgical area. Now the bleeding seems mostly ceased but there is a yellow liquid coming from the wound area. I am not sure what it is exactly. Am I still excused while I am not sure what the yellow substance is?

If the yellow substance happens to be not blood or pus but some thing else relates to the healing process, would I still be excused (as it is still coming out from the wound area)? If so, will I have to make up my prayers during the time I thought I was excused because I do not know what it is (as I did not purify my mouth, and prayed while occasionally spitting out my saliva on a tissue)? Would I be able to swallow?

A: If the yellow substance is more or less the colour of the saliva then treat it accordingly.