1. I want to know that I have a son that is 11 months. I want to do my, my wifes and my sons aqiqah on the same day. Is it possible because I don’t know if my aqiqah was done or not because in our family aqiqah is mostly done on the occasion of marriage.
2. Also, give me details about how I do and what to do on the occasion of aqiqah so that we are safe from unwanted thing.s
3. And also I want to know, does me and my wife have to give silver equal to the hair in charity or can I pay the same price in cash?
1. Yes. It is permissible. The right method is to do it on the 7th day. Marriage is not the time to be doing the aqeeqah.
2. To be safe from unwanted things you will have to leave out unwanted and undesirable things in your life as well as things that are not liked by Allah for your entire life. This is not just restricted to the day of aqeeqah.
3. Aqeeqah etc. is just an optional thing and not an obligation. Giving charity is only for the child when the hair is shaved. It doesn’t apply to you now.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)