1. What is ruling of increasing the beard in Islam
2. What part of the beard can be cut?
3. Can we remove hairs near the throat and neck?
1. It is compulsory for males to grow the beard till it reaches one fist from all sides.
2. Cutting or trimming the beard before it reaches one fist is not permissible. If one shaves or cuts the beard before it reaches one fist one will be sinful.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Zakaria Makada
Checked & Approved:
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)
This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.