Q: A man said ‘the next three women I marry are thrice divorced’.
1. If the man marries a woman, the divorce will automatically takes place, but if he marries the same woman again, does divorce take place?
2. Is there any way around this if divorce takes place, like getting somebody else to marry on your behalf?
3. If a man says to a woman who is not his wife ‘I give you one divorce’. If they get married does talaq take place?
1. If he marries her without her observing iddat and halaalah it will not be valid.
2. If this has not taken place, I suggest that you don’t fall into it.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)