Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za » 2 Years Separated: My Struggle with a Broken Marriage

2 Years Separated: My Struggle with a Broken Marriage

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za

Q: I have been married for 4 years. I have been separated from my husband staying with my parent for 2 years. He does not nafaqah me. We spent more time apart than together. I have no trust in him, I don’t believe him. Our gap has grown so much bigger between us. Whenever we speak about things trying to make changes, but it never happens. We are still fighting. I’m unhappy miserable and lonely.


A: We suggest that you consult your parents. If they feel that it is best for you to ask your husband for a divorce so that you can continue with your life, then you may do so.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: