Marital problems

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I would like to go for a fasagh. As I am not happy and is afraid of my husband. He hurts me emotionally and physically. I am his second wife and most of the time he is with his first wife. We share a son together and he hardly has time for him. He has four other kids from his first wife and spends more time with them which hurts me as I can see the yearning in my sons eyes to spend time with his father as he is only three. I have embraced Islam almost 4 years ago and I have too google my religion as my husband does not salaah or even teaches my son. I don’t know what more. He has never lifted his hands to me before but ever since he went on drug with the first wife he treats me and my son crap and hurts me. What can I do. I need help desperately. I have never went to the hospital or logged a case against him. I work and he sits at home.


A: If it becomes unmanageable you may refer to Darul Ihsan or some Darul Ifta or the Jamiat.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics: