Fatwa – Zakat on money saved for house building

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by


If the mentioned funds equal or exceed the amount of Nisab and have been in your possession for one lunar year, or you have them in your possession when you usually calculate your zakat, then you are liable to pay Zakat on these funds.
Mufti Shafiq Jakhura
Iftaa Department, Darul Ihsan Islamic Services Centre

This answer was collected from It’s the official website of Darul Ihsan, which is an Islamic organisation (PBO) based in Durban, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest