Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Darulifta-Deoband.com » What should I do to make both my wife and parents happy?

What should I do to make both my wife and parents happy?

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Darulifta-Deoband.com
asalamualikum, i live with my mother and father and big brother who is mentally handicapped( mazoor) and 41 years old. my father is 64 years old my mother is 59 years old and also has back trouble. i am married with 6 children my wife wants me her and my children to move out and live seperatly. i don’t want to see my mother and father struggle and i also want to see my wife happy. olease advise what i should do?


(Fatwa: 1220/1220=M/1430)

It is better if you could manage to keep your wife at separate place while continuing to serve your aged parents. But, in case of separate living if it is difficult to serve aged parents and mentally challenged brother, then try to convince your wife with wisdom and politeness to live jointly.

Allah (Subhana Wa Ta’ala) knows Best

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

This answer was collected from the official ifta website of Darul Uloom Deoband in India.

Read answers with similar topics: