I have a private car which I am driving as taxi as part time from more than 6 months due to financial crises. Here in Pakistan, Taxi vehicle should have the documents which I am mentioning below. (1) Route Permit (Renew after every 3 years) (2) Conversion from Motor Car to Motor Cab (Taxi) (Fee charged only 1st time). (3) Passing of Taxi Vehicle (Fee Charged after 6 months). A traffic police official said that Route permit of my car could not issue because its model is old (1996) and government is making route permit for those vehicle which are up model ( From 2010). I don’t know that his statement is how much accurate as i have not investigated about it. May be route permit for down models can be made by any reference or giving money/Bribe to Transport authority. My question is that I am running the taxi without these documents. Is the income which I am generating from this source is halal? Actually I am doing a Private Job in a reputable organization so i as i told you before that I am doing this work as part time. Please guide me in light of Shariah.

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 622/644/L=6/1438)

In the question mentioned above, the income is halal. However, you should ask the department whether it is necessary that papers are complete or not.  If it is mandatory to have all these papers for driving the vehicle then you should get them prepared; otherwise it is not correct to land yourself in danger.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

This answer was collected from the official ifta website of Darul Uloom Deoband in India.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!