Interest money from Provident Fund

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by
Can i use my interest money from my Provident Fund (PF) for my poor step mother or step brother or for my nephew’s school expense.


Al-jawab billahi at-taufeeq (the answer with Allah’s guidance)

Riba (usury) is a Haram form of income.

Therefore, any type of Haram funds should be disposed of.

The Haram income should be given into the ownership of deserving poor Muslim recipients without any intention of reward. Riba money will thus be disposed of without any intention of gaining reward, to those needy Muslims who are eligible to receive Zakat.

And Only Allah Ta’ala Knows Best.

Moulana Qamruz Zaman
London, UK

Original Source Link

This answer was collected from, based in London (UK). It is one of the fruits of Darul Uloom London. Many ‘ulama are involved in answering the Q&A on the site, including: Shaikul Hadeeth Mufti Umar Farooq Sahib, Mufti Saifur Rahman Sahib, Mufti Abdullah Patel Sahib, Maulana Qamruz Zaman Sahib, Mufti Abu Bakr Karolia Sahib.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest