Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za » Seeking forgiveness from those one has wronged

Seeking forgiveness from those one has wronged

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za

Q: I was wondering, what should one do when they cannot remember all the people that they have wronged? What will happen to me on the day of resurrection if I cannot remember?


A: If despite exhausting all efforts in trying to locate the people one had wronged, one was unable to find them, then one should sincerely turn to Allah Ta’ala and seek His forgiveness.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.