Questions relating to the beard and moustache
1. Is the extended part or the corners of the moustache (Sibalatayn i.e. the two sides which go on to join with the beard) is considered to be part of the moustache or the beard?
2. The witness of a person about the moon-sighting who do not keep a Shar’ee beard.
3. Is the keeping of Shar’ee beard Sunnah Mu-akkadah or Wajib?
4. Till what size the moustache should be trimmed to conform to the Sunnah?
5. Is it better to trim or to shave the moustache?
1. It is part of the moustache. Hadhrat Umar (radhiyallahu anhu) used to remove them.
2. It is obvious that the witness has to be a reliable person. If he is not reliable and he openly commits wrongs then his witnessing cannot be accepted.
4. It should be so short that the skin of the lip becomes visible.
5. It is better to trim.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.