I want to get your opinion about Islamic banking in Pakistan. Is meezan bank a real Islamic bank in Pakistan or partially Islamic?
Q: I want to get your opinion about Islamic banking in Pakistan. Is meezan bank a real Islamic bank in Pakistan or partially Islamic?
A: We do not have the complete details of how this bank operates before us. We suggest that you refer to other Ulama’.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- I am maintaining an account with Meezan Bank in Pakistan. Meezan Bank claims to be the first non-ribaa bank in Pakistan…But, sometime ago I was told by a Mufti saheb that it is not a riba-free as claimed and I should not utilise the profit which is added to my account at the month ends.
- Asalam u Alaikum! I work in a islamic branch of a conventional bank in Pakistan. I used to work in a interest based bank before and have friends who are still working in interst based banks. 1). Therefore, sometimes if I go meet them either they offer me food or drinks from their income or bank’s petty funds as it is customary in offices, please tell me if it is jahiz or not. OR 2). They invite me in thier marriages OR other functions, I have to eat or drink with them from the food or drinks which are purchased from their own income. please give me your fatwa if it is permitted or not. 3). Since I am working in a Islamic branch of a conventional interest based bank. The working and functionality of our branch is Shariah compliant and approved as such from State bank of pakistan. State bank of pakistan has a Shariah board menned by Shariah Scholars who give license for islamic banking to either full fledged islamic banks OR standalone branches for islamic banking of conventional banks and operations of these branches are separate from conventional banking branches. What I like to know that sometimes I have to attend functions / attend meetings where I have to drink tea or eat food sponsored by conventional interest based banking branches. Since these are official meetings, functions, or calls then it is very very difficult to say NO in such circumstances. Please give your fatwa on this if it is “jahiz or not” and if conditionally Jahiz then conditionalities attached to it.
- In Pakistan Meezan bank is doing (according to them) islamic banking. They have the following fatwa on their website according to which Meezan bank is doing islamic banking and it is permissible and halal to open account with Meezan Bank and get profit….
- assalam o alaikum. Q-1 IS bank job(every post) halal or haram? Q-2 what is the sin of masturbation? is it gunahe kabira? Q-3 during ghussal, can the water be poured in nose with fingers or is it compulsory to suck the water in by breathing in? Q-4 now a days every bank in pakistan has an islamic department so is it ok to open an savings account in islamic department of that bank? Q-5 which body parts’ hairs are najaez nd is it compulsory to shave anus and butts’ hairs?
- Can Muslims work in banks, such as asset management and corporate banking. We all know that the banks (non-Islamic) are the centres of interest; so any job in a bank is likely to be haram. Also, the culture in a bank is very materialistic and secular and bank employees are always thinking about making money and surrounding themselves with material things. I feel that working in non-Islamic bank is prohibited for Muslims. Is this view correct?
- My question is On Islamic Banking.These days a number of Islamic Banks are in operation,all claimimg to be operating purely on Islamic principles. Tell me your opinion and investigation on this current issue of Islamic Banking. Can we participate in their different products like, car financing, house finanacing, taking loans etc.