Q: Someone mentioned that when one yawns then this is from Shaytaan and one should recite ta’awwuz.
1. Is this correct, and applicable all the time?
2. Should one recite أعوذ… Every time one yawns
3. Is there mention of this in the hadith, and what is the hadith.
4. Similarly with regards to yawning softly without making a noise, is this mentioned in hadith?
1 – 3. There is no masnoon du`aa for yawning.
4. One should try not to make a noise and cover the mouth.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)